10 Quotes from 2018 to Inspire Digital Transformation
Over the course of the last year, the ever-complicated and quickly evolving digital landscape has beckoned retail thought leaders to stake their claim over what is working, what no longer works, and what is to come for the future of the customer experience.
From tech providers to analysts to CEO’s of the world’s most successful and innovative brands, we’ve compiled a list of the best quotes around customer experience – and specifically personalization – to inspire digital transformation efforts in 2019 and beyond.
1. “Leading retailers recognize that the value they deliver within customer experiences—not the products they carry—are the competitive differentiators they need to win.” (source) –Brendan Witcher, vice president and principal analyst, Forrester Research
2. “The future of communicating with customers rests in engaging with them through every possible channel: phone, email, chat, Web, and social networks. Customers are discussing a company’s products and brand in real time. Companies need to join the conversation.” (source) –Marc Benioff, Co-Founder and CEO, salesforce.com
3. “With customer behavior constantly changing, personalization is key to making lasting connections with Walgreens shoppers and ultimately delivering on our mission to champion the health and well-being of our communities.” (source) –Mark Sciortino, VP of brand marketing strategy and planning, Walgreens
4. “There is a solid chance that you can be using square footage more productively… We don’t need another retailer selling jeans and black pants, unless they bring a point of view and an experience that no one else has.” (source) –Rachel Shechtman, Founder, Story
5. “There won’t be any business in 50 years that won’t be a software business. Businesses won’t be able to afford not to make data-driven decisions. Too many mistakes will be made.” (source) –Pepijn Rijvers, CMO, Booking.com
6. “Retailers are going on the offense, using technology to entice customers to shop both online and in store. Technology will be key to assisting retailers with creating new, meaningful ways for consumers to interact with their brand.” (source) –Michelle Evans, global head of digital consumer research, Euromonitor International
7. “Some online pure-play retailers are finding that it’s cheaper to open a brick and mortar store than to acquire new customers online.” (source) –Shilpa Shah, Cofounder and CXO, Cuyana
8. “It’s very challenging to justify investments in innovation without proving value to executives. But innovation has to move beyond one person’s title at the company. It has to be part of the company culture.” (source) –Srinivasan Rajamanickam, Senior Director, Technology, Strategy, and Innovation, Tapestry
9. “Customer experience is not an initiative. It’s a mindset change.” (source) –Ruth Crowley, VP Customer Experience Design, Lowe’s
10. “The retail environment is changing faster than ever, but the value of service, speed, convenience and newness remain constant. To continue to be successful into the future, we need to invest in technologies that will enable us to deliver on those qualities and better serve customers in a digitally connected world.” (source) –Brian Gill, technology senior vice president, Nordstrom