Your privacy is important to 4-Tell. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that 4-Tell collects, and the ways in which 4-Tell uses that personal information.
Personal Data Do We Collect From You
4-Tell collects Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Site.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
Information we automatically collect when you use our Site: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Site, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
How We Use Personal Data
4-Tell processes Personal Data to operate, improve, and understand our Site. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you about the Site
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
You may opt out of our client’s cookies on their websites.
Other than otherwise noted in this policy, we do not trade, rent, or share your personal information with third parties, unless we are given your authorization to do so.
We may share aggregated information about use of services to our partners, prospective investors and others. This information, though, cannot be tracked back to you personally.
As well, 4-Tell may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with current or prospective legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
4-Tell will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information we receive.
Third Party Websites
This website contains links to other websites.
4-Tell is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR. “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage, and disclosure. The company will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Site.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to provide you with the Site. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Site that require such data.
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data? We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to provide you access to the Site or information about 4-Tell’s services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterward, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Personal Data of Children: We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at marketing@4-Tell.com.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data? You have certain rights concerning your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances we may not be able to fully comply with your request. Such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Site.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data
The Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Company and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Site, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Company in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers. You authorize Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S.
Regarding 4-Tell Services
Note that we may also process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of services to customers, in which case we are the processor of Personal Data. If we are the processor of your Personal Data (i.e., not the controller), please contact the controller party in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data?
111 SW 5th Ave, Suite 3225
Portland, OR 97204